Friday, June 18, 2010

All the remains of our cadver of days, I keep hidden away



Yes...Watch it and be amazed. I need to see this hell come high water.

Scott Pilgrim Official Site


So I have been neglecting my promise to deliver some fantastic graphic novels/webcomics every Friday! For shame. I will get back into the swing, I promise...AHH more promises! For now, here are a few amazing webcomics being published in print by 4th Dimension Entertainment soon that you really need to take a look at or else perish!

Comic Goodness For All Involved

#1

Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name! by Tessa Stone
Image copyright Tessa Stone 2010

I cannot exalt this webcomic enough. I've been following Tessa's work for several years now via her account on Deviantart, and since her days of comicking it up with her equally talented sister Sara Stone, I couldn't get enough. Luckily for me and everyone else out on the internet who loves zombies/vampires/cute paranormal investigators with glasses/ghosts and everything in between, Tessa came along with a thunder-force of a comic that I check compulsively for updates every single day. I can't wait to get my hands on the printed copy of both volumes, which you can get! SO GET ON IT!

#2

The Meek by Der-Shing Helmer
image copyright Der-Shing Helmer 2010

Another fantastic work with some of the most amazing, spellbinding art out there right now on the webcomic scene. Helmer's epic set in it's own fantastical world, whose tone is all at once humourous and riddled with such political/emotional drama that I have teared up more than once. Also on Deviant Art, Helmer's extensive artistic portfolio is chock full of the passion and craziness that I crave on a daily basis. You can also pre-order Chapter 1 of The Meek RIGHT NOW for an extremely reasonable price! Do it now before you regret it forever and can no longer sleep at night!








#3
Lackadaisy Cats by Tracy J. Butler
image copyright Tracy J. Butler 2009


Yes, I know. Cats. Brilliantly rendered, 1920s, prohibition-alcohol-swilling-gun-toting-anarchy-instigating cats. Breathe it in. This art deco masterpiece of a comic work is surprising (read: super F*cking innovative) in its design and masterfully written. The expressions, the cadence of language, the depth of the characters...everything about this comic is a feast for the senses. I implore you to jump on it and inhale it. Also being published by 4th Dimension comics, you can read more about it and the other comics above HERE!




#4

The Abominable Charles Christopher by Karl Kerschl
image copyright Karl Kerschl, which you can purchase HERE


So beautiful and a heart wrenching, a tale of intelligent forest creatures and their spellbinding connection to the woods around them, the distant city, and the humans who cross the border between. At times haunting and always a treat, the misadventures of the silent Charles Christopher are interspersed with the oftimes wry commentary of the creatures who live in his world. The first edition of this majestic series premiered at TCAF, and though I didn't have enough money left over by the time I got to the fatally brilliant TX Comics section, it is still available in the beautiful green felt covered edition at The Beguiling in downtown Toronto! Get it!



#5

Sin Titulo by Cameron Stewart
image is the first page of Sin Titulo, copyright Cameron Stewart 2007


I was hooked from the first page. I couldn't stop reading, and knowing that the extremely dark, riveting storyline has been halted for the last month (understandably so, as Stewart is doing an extensive con tour right now) has my mind racing and hart palpating. I want more, more, more! It has been nominated and won many awards, and for good reason. Start today, you won't be disappointed. Stewart's story is like sleepwalking through your own nightmare and mistaking it for reality. I am so glad I was introduced to this comic last week! And you will be too, dammit!

Well, that is all I have for this Friday! I will have more 'readily available' comics by next week...or I may just go back into webcomic mode, who knows. I am a pretty voracious consumer of webcomics right now, and because they are readily available to you as well as me, I love sharing them!

What are your favourites? Don't be shy internet! Come on!

Lumiere~


No comments:

Post a Comment