Saturday, January 15, 2011

This is my day

As is pretty evident, I work for these cats:

http://www.chizinepub.com

What do I do for them? Well. Practically anything that needs done. Do I love it? You are damn skippy. This is my publishing family, and the amazing books I am lucky enough to help with getting out there every single day are my babies. I could not have asked for a better job, especially on days like today, when after seeing the book through the whole process, here it is, in all its glory!

Brett is the happiest book panda of all

Yesterday, as you may have surmised from Twitter, we just picked up David Nickle's EUTOPIA: A NOVEL OF TERRIBLE OPTIMISM from Webcom. First off, CZP field trips are always such charmed, ridiculous expeditions. The best reward is when the people in the office proper and oogling and drooling all over the cover and coveting the copies getting passed around from cubicle to cubicle, frightened and in awe. Boyz, that's just how we roll!

All them books are in there, just waiting...

As usually follows these kind of jaunts - review mailing! Oh ARCs, how I love thee. The most unique and smartest thing about CZP is that we shy away from coil bound galley copies. We like to keep really ahead of our printing schedule so that when its time to send review copies, we get to put the real live book into the hands of those sparkly reviewer types. They get to feel the sexy thing in their own hands, test the weight of it, and get the same giddy feeling we booknerds get at the prize of a new novel. Yes. We seduce our readers. No shame here, people.

AHHHH. Nightmares and joy, oh my!

Needless to say, I love my work. I would be an empty shell of a little publishing girl were it not for the love and support and rockin' epic-tude of my bosses Brett Savory and Sandra Kasturi. They let me into their lives and work and passions every damn day, and in return, I will kick the ass of any challenge/deadline/super crazy publishing demon that comes in CZP's path.

It's a charmed life, little chickens.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering the Prairie Yogi Magazine + Mondetta (MPG) yoga prize pack giveaway Samantha! <3 Lots of love! XO

    www.prairieyogimagazine.com

    ReplyDelete