Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ever onward


My delicious reading chair

So.

Hello blog. Gee, I haven't touched you in so long. How have you been? How's the family?

Listen. Things have changed. Lots of things.

First of all, I am an intern no longer. I work for ChiZine on a pretty routine basis, on basically everything from editorial, publicity, acquisitions, design, and proof reading. I love my bosses, I love our authors, and I love our books. Still.

Toronto has been kind to me. I graduated from my Creative Book Publishing program with Honours a couple of weeks ago. Russel Peters was our keynote speaker. Of course.

I still see my friends on a fairly regular basis. They are all that keep me grounded in this whirlwind city.

And as for life in general -

Life is now a one bedroom apartment in Forest Hill at Bathurst and Eglinton. It is beautiful, it is full of light. . . but I am here by myself. Plans changed. Hearts changed. And though difficult at first, it was for the best. And time moves us ever on. It is strange for sure; I have never lived alone! But I have an antique radio to keep me company, and the comfiest bed there ever was. And I have love in all the right places. The future seems so bright.

And that little book I mentioned I had written so very long ago?

I just received my final contract and offer for the publication of it with ECW press. I am still in humbled shock. More to come from this fumbling author at a later date.

Stumble, trip, fall, get back up again. I work 12 hour days and sleep little, but I am doing what I love, and working toward everything I could have hoped for, and it can't get any better than that.

So where's my snow?

Winnipeg on December 20 : ) Christmas here I come! 17 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment